Home - VIS Vatican - Receive VIS - Contact us - Calendar

The Vatican Information Service is a news service, founded in the Holy See Press Office, that provides information about the Magisterium and the pastoral activities of the Holy Father and the Roman Curia...[]

Last 5 news

VISnews in Twitter Go to YouTube

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

MYANMAR: GENEROUS ASSISTANCE TO VICTIMS OF CYCLONE

VATICAN CITY, 7 MAY 2008 (VIS) - At the end of today's general audience, the Pope reiterated his closeness to people affected by the cyclone that struck southern Myanmar recently.

  "I make my own the cry of pain and the call for assistance of the dear people of Myanmar", he said, "who without warning saw so many lives, and so much property and means of sustenance destroyed by the terrifying violence of the cyclone Nargis.

  "As I already said in the message of solidarity I sent to the president of the episcopal conference, I remain spiritually close to the people affected. I would also like to repeat to everyone my call to open their hearts to pity and generosity so that, thanks to the collaboration of people who can and wish to bring help, the suffering caused by such an immense tragedy may be relieved".
AG/CYCLONE/MYANMAR                    VIS 20080507 (160)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © VIS - Vatican Information Service