Home - VIS Vatican - Receive VIS - Contact us - Calendar

The Vatican Information Service is a news service, founded in the Holy See Press Office, that provides information about the Magisterium and the pastoral activities of the Holy Father and the Roman Curia...[]

Last 5 news

VISnews in Twitter Go to YouTube

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

TELEGRAM FOR THE DEATH OF THE KING OF TONGA


VATICAN CITY, SEP 13, 2006 (VIS) - Benedict XVI sent a telegram of condolence to King Taufa'ahau Tupou V of Tonga for the death of his father, King Taufa'ahau Tupou IV who died on Sunday, September 10 at the age of 88 following a long illness. He had been king of Tonga since 1967.

  "I was saddened to learn of the death of His Majesty King Taufa'ahau Tupou IV, your beloved father, and I send my heartfelt condolences to you, the royal family and all the people of Tonga. Assuring the bereaved of my prayers and spiritual closeness at this time of national mourning, I commend the long reigning late king to the loving mercy of Almighty God and invoke upon the country the divine gifts of consolation and peace. As a pledge of hope in the Risen Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, I impart my apostolic blessing."
TGR/DEATH KING TONGA/TAUFA'AHAU TUPOU V            VIS 20060913 (170)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © VIS - Vatican Information Service