Home - VIS Vatican - Receive VIS - Contact us - Calendar

The Vatican Information Service is a news service, founded in the Holy See Press Office, that provides information about the Magisterium and the pastoral activities of the Holy Father and the Roman Curia...[]

Last 5 news

VISnews in Twitter Go to YouTube

Wednesday, July 9, 2003

TELEGRAM FOR DEATH OF PATRIARCH OF BABYLON OF THE CHALDEANS

VATICAN CITY, JUL 9, 2003 (VIS) - Upon hearing of the death of His Beatitude Raphael I Bidawid, patriarch of Babylon of the Chaldeans, on July 7 at the age of 81, Pope John Paul sent the following telegram to the patriarchate:

"Having learned with sadness of the death of His Beatitude Raphael I Bidawid, patriarch of Babylon of the Chaldeans, I ask God, Father of All mercy, to receive in His light and His peace the soul of the illustrious deceased who for so long exercised the priestly ministry, then that of bishop and then patriarch, in the service of the Catholic Chaldean Church. I express my great sympathy to the leaders, the communities and all the faithful of the Chaldean rite, as well as to the family of the deceased patriarch. I send everyone, as a sign of comfort during trials, my affectionate apostolic blessing."

TGR;DEATH PATRIARCH BIDAWID;...;...;VIS;20030709;Word: 160;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © VIS - Vatican Information Service